Fictional Biography Ned is one of the friends Nancy can call in almost all of the Nancy Drew games. What he is doing while she calls him is not always made apparent (well, besides worrying about and missing her.), though there are some exceptions. During Game #4 Treasure in the Royal Tower, a voice answering machine said that you had reached him at Omega Chi Epsilon, though it is not know whether or not it is a fraternity as it was in the books. (He seemed to make it out in the game as more of a library than a brotherhood). In Game #18 Phantom of Venice, he was staying with Frank and Joe Hardy in Bayport while researching for school. Joe proceeded to "tinker" with his car by stringing the parts out across the basement floor.
Ned is a student at Emerson College. He seems to worry about Nancy while she's working on her cases. Ned seems to be kind of nerdy as he is often 'buried in books'. It is unsure of whether or not he and Nancy are actually dating.
Ned is upbeat and optimistic. He has a deep love for Nancy, though most the games seem to lack in displays of this affection, with a few exceptions. Ned cares for Nancy and offers his support, even though he doesn't always approve of her sleuthing. Ned says that he misses Nancy sometimes on the telephone in the games.
There is no trivia for this character.
- In an attempt to keep the game suited for both genders, Herinteractive has downplayed the ammount of romance between Ned and Nancy a lot. However, there were several exchanges between the two in Secrets can Kill (both Original and Remastered) and Stay Tuned for Danger.
Games Absent FromEdit
Ned is absent from 14 games, over half of them:
- Message in a Haunted Mansion
- Secret of the Scarlet Hand
- Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
- The Haunted Carousel
- Danger on Deception Island
- Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Secret of the Old Clock
- Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
- Danger by Design
- Ransom of the Seven Ships
- Trail of the Twister
- Shadow at the Water's Edge
- Tomb of the Lost Queen
- The Deadly Device[=]